Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 08-09-2010 13:51:25

Andy Clarke

Essex Way 2011

I'm sure that we are all still on high following Sunday's relay. I saw somewhere, but I can't find it right now, that Sarah Colbert is suggesting we all meet after Easter to discuss the 2011 relay. By then, some of our thoughts may have been forgotten, so I thought it might be a good idea for agenda items to be placed here, so that stuff is not forgotten.

According to the calendar, next year's relay will be on Sunday September 4 2011.

Off the top of my head, I would like to include the following:

o - Stage 9 organiser, following Thurrock Nomads' withdrawal.

o - General Stage organisation plans including: Provision on Marshals at road crossings; Drinks en-route

o - Results collation

o - Rules for DNF, non-starters and cheats

If you have any other things you'd like to discuss, please add them here.

Cheers,

Andy

#2 08-09-2010 14:10:23

Peter Gooding
Website

Re: Essex Way 2011

I would like to suggest we consider each team has a number instead of all these SS39, V1, M1 etc. I found it confusing that Benfleet had two A teams for example, until it was explained that one was a ladies team. I had the task of taking the scores at the end of the final leg and found it hard to see the team details when you had say three runners finishing together. If each team had a number, allocated when they enter, the person at the finish just records that number and the person doing the scores would know which club they represent. The way it works at the moment you have to identify the club then the team within that club.
Thanks

#3 08-09-2010 14:14:09

Paul Price
Website

Hi Andy.

Based on the fact that historically, we have loads of runners failing to find the W Bergholt start, maybe we could look at moving this to the village? There is a school along part of the route - that might be an option? Leg 6 would be longer, Leg 7 that much shorter.

Otherwise, we could leave it as one of the charming quirks of the Essex Way? Do we want to make it that easy?

#4 08-09-2010 14:37:38

Sarah Colbert

Hi All,
Yes, Sally and I decided a meeting next Spring would be advisable given all the chat that has been going around since the weekend.

Paul, W Bergholt start is something to think about, and Peter, numbering was difficult to read at the finish also.

Still, it's all good fun.
Keep your peepers on this website for updates in 2011........

#5 09-09-2010 07:56:32

Graeme
Administrator
Website

I recieved an email asking us not to road park in a village (use car parks) - unfortunatly the emailer failed to name the village & as yet hasn't responded.

#6 13-04-2011 15:32:09

Sarah Colbert

Hello Everyone,
We are currently arranging a meeting at Springfiled Striders' clubhouse for all clubs to attend and discuss this year's event in September.

Sally Gillam will e-mail everyone on last year's list with the details, and it will be posted on this website.

Board footer