Essex Way Logo

Essex Way Relay Forum

Discussion on the Essex Way Relay

You are not logged in.

#1 02-09-2009 09:29:15

Andy Clarke

Race Timetable

I know this is the first year using the new format of race organisation, but I think it would be useful if a timetable of things to organise was posted somewhere - ideally linked from the Home page.

Previously, we didn't need to enter our teams until the Friday before the race, now it's 31 August, but this is only mentioned once in the whole website (as far as I can tell) in the minutes from the April 1 meeting.

Things to include in such a timetable would be:

Initial Check of Stage instructions
Report of obstacles to Essex CC
Updates to Stage instructions
Entry closing date

Does anyone have anything else to add to this?

Cheers,

Andy

#2 02-09-2009 12:27:48

Paul Price
Website

Re: Race Timetable

Andy

I agree the comms this year has been nothing short of pathetic.

I asked several times to be included in any emails that were sent out to the clubs, and it was only by chance a few weeks ago that I happened across this site. I only found out last night (Sept 1st) that we had not entered teams for this year, and furthermore, the email address for Sally Gillam (Gillan?) bounced back to me. I can only hope that somehow, my email has got to her.

If we are hoping to have electronic communications among the participating clubs, it should not be a difficult thing to make sure we alll know the websites and emails involved.

Paul PRICE
(pprice1@hotmail.com)
TGT

#3 02-09-2009 15:04:26

Graeme
Administrator
Website

Andy, thanks for the suggestions... Closing date could certainly be put on the entry form page. Other dates were set at the meeting but I'm sure others would find some additional guidelines usefull.

Paul, I can see your email address on all emails that have been sent round from various other stage organisers. Do you check your junk folder? Email isn't always reliable so posting here is a good idea.
I note you were at the initial meeting & Andy signed up to the forum in May and your self in mid August?!
I can confirm I saw your entry pass through the entry form yesterday.
All the websites... I think this is the only this one & a quick google shows it up right near the top.

#4 03-09-2009 10:24:53

Paul Price
Website

Thanks Graeme

I was indeed at the meeting in April, and I left my email address there (on the attendance form). I do check my Junk Folder, but it's possible that one from yourself was not recognised for what it was. (I presume it was pprice1@hotmail.com?). Mails from Howard J, Kevin W, Dave Game, and Sarah C will go right to my Inbox as they are Contacts

As long as we can use this site/forum for all communication in future, we'll have the one point of contact, and that'll be fine. There had been a Bulletin Board in use (set up by Andy Clarke in 2008), plus there was the Horndon site with details of the legs in Trail notation. As Andy and I had no knowledge of this site until recently, these other sites were the only ones we were aware of.

I'll pass the word around our other members who may not be aware of this site, and get them to use it from now on.

Thanks again

Paul

Board footer